Herbal Remedies are growing in popularity and are an alternative medicine for treating and curing numerous health conditions and diseases. Herbal remedies are entering the mainstream as research and clinical trials continue to confirm their benefits. An herbal remedy is natural and is made using plant seeds, berries, roots, leaves, bark, and flowers.
The use of herbal remedies dates far back into history beginning in ancient Chinese and Egyptian times and is the oldest form of healing.
Herbal remedies come in different forms and can treat both internal and external health problems. Some of the conditions and diseases treated by herbal remedies include diabetes, cancer, wounds, chronic conditions, stress related problems, neurological disorders, and menopause for women. Herbal remedies can also help strengthen the immune system and treat everyday pains like headaches.
Herbal treatment can heal various problems and in most cases herbal remedies tackle the cause of an illness. They can be used for the simplest disorder and even treat some of the most complicated diseases out there.
Rather than using antibiotics and other pharmaceutical drugs, most people seek herbal remedies because of their long history and natural ingredients. The benefit of herbal remedies over other medicine is that the side effects are limited.
Here are some popular herbs used for therapy and treatment:
- Curry-leaf tree: This herb is from India and is said to help treat diabetes
- Ginkgo: Improves awareness, judgment, and social function in people with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- St. John’s Wort: Has antidepressant effects and helps treat mild and moderate depression.
- Echinacea: This herbal remedy helps strengthen immunity and controls flu and cold symptoms.
- Chamomile: Mostly used as a beverage, this herb calms nerves, relieves stomach distress, prevents ulcers, speeds the healing of ulcers and fights infection.
- Ginseng: This herb stimulates the immune system, protects the liver from toxins, and increases stamina.
- Garlic: Whether chewed, chopped, or minced, garlic is a natural antibiotic, has anti-viral properties, reduces cholesterol, prevents internal blood clot formations, and prevents heart attacks.
- Spearmint and Peppermint: These offer relief from indigestion especially in the form of a tea.
- Ginger: Ginger is very common and helps prevent motion sickness, internal blood clot formations, and prevention of heart attacks.
- Licorice: This helps soothe sore throats and treats ulcers
Herbalists are available for anyone who needs aid in treating a disorder the natural and safe way through herbal remedies. A healthy diet works hand in hand with the use of any herbal remedy as it can help with the healing process. Because they are natural, many people are turning to herbs and herbal remedies for healing health problems.